Welcome to the Book & Baking Blog

Two great things that go great together. Please read and enjoy. It's for fun.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Book & Baking Blog Entry 43

I have been reading a lot but not baking.  The beginning of the school year always slows me down.  I wonder why baking becomes a chore when I really love it so much.  I also have begun to really enjoy baking alone.   I know that's wrong.  I love my daughter, but a 4-year-old is not always the best assistant baker.  Yep.  Imagine that.  She is an awesome companion, but, IMAGINE, she gets bored with baking and cooking. 

Well of course.  It's boring,  That's why I listen to books on tape.  OK, audio books. NOT books on tape.  I'm old.  Live with it.

So tonight I had to bake.  I love to bake but really hate it when I'm pressed for time.  And of course I am almost always pressed for time.

But I did it.  2 types of short bread and an angel food cake.  The shortbread is in the 'fridge.  Now I have a new experiment.  I am going to bake tomorrow.  I've never just let it sit.  So I'll add tomorrow or the next day how this went.  I'm so excited that I might try to serve sub-par food to my colleagues on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment